How to Nail Local SEO for Your Auto Detailing Site to Get More Customers
You want more customers for your auto detailing business, but you’re not sure how to get them. One of the best ways to gain more customers is to focus on local SEO.
Four out of five consumers use search engines to conduct local searches. Therefore, if you’re not putting effort into your local SEO, you’re missing out on a huge opportunity.
So what does it take to nail local SEO for your auto detailing site?
Here are the tactics you need to focus on:
Optimizing Information on Your Site
When someone visits your site, it should be painfully obvious where you’re located and what type of business you run.
No one is going to work to find this information. In fact, if they have to, they’ll likely just leave your site and head to your competition’s.
Here’s how you can optimize information to make everything crystal clear for your customers:
- Include your business’s name, address, and phone number on every page of your site
- Choose a domain name that includes your business type and location
- Associate your business with local area as much as possible (For example, point out where you are in vicinity to a local park or significant landmark)
- Use keywords that identify with your business and location
Update Local Listings
Remember, people aren’t just searching your site to find out information about your business. They’re also finding information on third party sites like Yelp, Google+, and Facebook.
You need to make sure your listings on these sites are accurate and up-to-date.
Your listings on these sites should include the following key components:
- Photos of your business location
- Address, hours, and phone number for your business
- Link to your website
- Make sure your business is listed in the correct category (in this case, automotive services)
Link Building Strategy
Strong links play a huge role in your SEO ranking.
Links from your site to other reputable ones and vice versa helps establish credibility and authenticity for your auto detailing business.
But, you need to make sure you are spreading these links in an honest way. Sketchy link building practices can result in a huge penalty from Google.
Here are some honest ways to share links:
- Share links via social media sites and encourage others to pass them along
- Include links in email newsletters
- Connect with other local business to exchange links on each other’s sites
- Create a local directory that showcases your favorite local attractions, giving you an opportunity to link to local sites and them to link back to you
- Link to car product sites (For example, a site that sells a car vacuum cleaner)
Reviews are a great way to build trust with customers.
In fact, 88 percent of customers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations.
But, asking for reviews can be a little awkward. Here’s how to do it:
- Ask for reviews in email follow-ups
- Post a blurb about it on your site
- Provide customers with a variety of sites to leave reviews on (Google, Yelp, etc.)
Make sure you are proactive about responding to all reviews- especially the negative ones. This shows that you care about the customer and that you’re using their feedback to improve your services.
Local SEO for Auto Detailing: Wrap Up
Follow these tips, and your local SEO rankings should improve greatly.
We realize that implementing these steps isn’t always easy, however. So be sure to drop us any questions you have along the way in the comments below.