How to Compress Photos So Your Adult Site Loads Quickly
Having an image-heavy site is a great way to attract more traffic to your adult site.
However, it’s also necessary to have a site that loads fast. When you have a lot of images on your site, your loading times slow down, which can drive traffic away from the page.
The solution is image compression. Learn how to compress photos, and you can keep your site as image heavy as you want while still having fast loading times.
We’ll teach you how to compress photos so you can give your site’s visitors the fast, visual experience they’re looking for.
How to Compress Photos and Improve Loading Times
There are two ways to compress photos.
First, you can use photo editing software, the more conventional option. However, if for some reason you don’t have photo editing software on hand, you can use a word processor like Microsoft Word for your photo compression needs. Click to learn what a great site with compressed photos looks like.
Compress Photos with Photo Editing Software
1. Open the photo that needs to be compressed in your photo editing software of choice.
2. Open the software’s file menu. Click on “Save,” or “Save As.”
3. Select “Options” from the pop-up menu that comes up.
4. Find the photo compression area of the menu, and click on the option that says “High Compression.”
5. In the encryption section, choose “Lossless Encoding.” This option allows you to preserve the photo’s integrity.
6. Click on “OK.”
7. Finally, hit the “Save” button. Now, the new, compressed version of the image will be saved on your computer, and you are ready to upload it to your site.
One caveat: JPEG photos often lose quality when they are compressed. You can protect your photo by saving it in another format before you compress it. Try a PNG, GIF, or BMP file format to preserve your photo’s quality.
You should also use “Save As” rather than “Save” if it’s your first time trying this compression method. That way, you will still have the original version of the photo saved in case something goes wrong in the compression process.
Compress Photos with Microsoft Word
1. Open a new document in Microsoft Word.
2. At the top left of the screen, find the “Insert” tab and click on it.
3. Find the picture icon on the list of icons that come up.
4. You will have the option to choose an image from files on your computer. Double-click to choose the photo you need to compress, and it will be automatically added to the document.
5. Click the picture in the document, then select the “Insert” tab again. Now, click on the “Compress Pictures” button in the menu.
6. You will be taken to a screen that asks “Apply Compression Settings Now?” If you click “OK,” the compression will happen automatically. Or, you can select “Options” to change the quality of photo compression you get before clicking “OK.”
7. Don’t forget to save the Word document. Now, you have a compressed version of the image saved inside it.
Compressed Photos Mean More Customers
It’s not hard to learn how to compress photos, as you can see. You can compress your photos using software you likely have already, in a matter of seconds.
The payoff for your customers is substantial – they get all the photos they want to see, plus the fast loading times they want.
The payoff for you? More loyal customers and a competitive adult website. Learn more about how to make your site competitive here.